Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Star Wars references

Recently watching Looney Tunes - Back in Action and Flushed Away on DVD with the Family I started to wonder just how many Movies, TV Shows, Adverts etc... had spoofed or made some reference to Star Wars, I mean even shows like Friends have had Star Wars jokes, and they're a staple of Family Guy. There's a list on the IMDB which lists 'Referenced in' it's a pretty big list but I'm sure it's far from complete. Since 1977 I'm sure no other Film or TV Show has quite infiltrated the public consciousness like Star Wars.

IMDB List http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076759/movieconnections

3 comments:

allen etter said...

um...wow. That's a lot of references. I noticed the Han Solo in Flushed. What a great film. I also recall in ZOOLANDER when they are trading insults, Ben Stiller makes a "Hand Solo" comment and references...well, hand soloing.

Moonwatcher said...

That Han Solo one is great.

Rick Rockhill said...

Seriously, you have a great blog. excellent reading material. stop by and say hi sometime