Sunday, May 14, 2006

This weeks watching and reading has been...

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century : Series 1 (1979 - 1980)
Species 2 (1998) - Directed by Peter Medak
Full Metal Jacket (1987) - Directed by Stanley Kubrick

Fantastic Films Magazine (1978) No 5
Fantastic Films Magazine (1979) No11
SPFX Magazine Issue 3

I had not really been a fan of the film Species, I thought the creature designed by H.R. Giger was cool but the CGI version at the end of the movie was awful. I'd heard Species 2 was not too hot, but when you can pick up a DVD for £2.97 I thought I'd give it a watch. Now it ain't brilliant but I was tons more entertained than I was during the first Species film. It even had some nice spacecraft stuff at the beggining for a Mars mission.

2 comments:

Niel Bushnell said...

Fantastic Films! blimey - was hit by a wave of nostalgia!

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Always a great Magazine,much better than Starlog used to be !!