Monday, July 07, 2008

Sigourney Up For Another Alien ?

Contrary to what she said in April which I reported here it seems Sigourney Weaver may have had a change of mind about another Alien film, I hope not.

Having previously dismissed ideas of returning to the Alien franchise, it looks as if Sigourney Weaver may have changed her mind.
The actress tells OK Magazine that "I would definitely do another if I had a director like Ridley Scott and we had a good idea. Ridley is enthusiastic about it."
The big question these days of course is her age. At 58 is she too old? She doesn't think so - "I'm not going to start apologising. Sophia Loren is my inspiration. She is a woman who has never apologised for being herself."

Source Dark Horizons

6 comments:

allen etter said...

I believe that both Sigorney and Scott felt that the franchise was over...what gives? Does she need the money?

Jim said...

Please let the franchise die.
:(

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Yeah Jim...at least until the remake anyway !! :)

Nik Holmes said...

If you got someone like Scott behind the project, someone with enough clout to override Weavers more extreme ideas for the franchise, then I'd be happy for another instalment.
The first three instalments were superior to most other trilogies (I'm talking Alien 3 workprint here) and Weavers age could actually make the film take a more cerebral direction, not try to cater to the AvP audience, and she could do things like climb into fridges when sites get nuked from orbit and she is left behind.

I. N. J. Culbard said...

If they wrote her character as being 18, then sure she's too old.


I agree with Nik, it would likely take a more cerebral approach ala 'Alien'. Unless she's playing mother hen to a gaggle of newbies.

Moonwatcher said...

I do like Sigourney Waever but I think she's way too old to continue on. Unless they forget all the film after Aliens and make an Aliens 2 were she's on Earth with Newt as her daughter twenty years after the events on LV-426, and she could be brought in somehow but in not so much of an action role.